Rainbow Building & Shops

 

Historic Office Building

Rainbow OfficesThe Rainbow Building's historic past dates to June 3, 1910, when T.B. Walker's Red River Lumber Company began construction on six offices and 16 flats at 1422-28 W. Lake Street and 2916-22 Hennepin Avenue. Today, this is the historic Rainbow House Office Building, an icon at the heart of Uptown. Walker, a businessman, art collector and Uptown resident, went on to found another Minneapolis icon, the Walker Art Center.

Modern and handicap accessible, the historic Rainbow Office Building features skylights, artwork, plants and trees, an inviting common area, and a family of professional and creative tenants.