Rainbow Building & Shops

 

Rainbow Shops

Rainbow ShopsThe Rainbow Building's historic past dates to June 3, 1910, when T.B. Walker's Red River Lumber Company began construction on six offices and 16 flats at 1422-28 W. Lake Street and 2916-22 Hennepin Avenue. Today, this is the historic Rainbow House Office Building, an icon at the heart of Uptown. Walker, a businessman, art collector and Uptown resident, went on to found another Minneapolis icon, the Walker Art Center.

The adjacent street level Rainbow Shops offer a diverse array of services including Chino Latino, Fed Ex/Kinkos, Great Clips, MAC Cosmetics, and TCF Bank.